Dallas Fort Worth Copyright Law
Copyright Protection in DFW, across Texas and International
Norred Law PLLC protects your business with the proper copyright registration. We file for copyright protection in the U.S. and register international copyrights.
Copyright law protects creative works – such as books, poems, plays, movies, music, photos, art, architectural designs, even computer programs.
Registering the copyright of your intellectual property enables you to more easily protect your works. And registration makes lawsuits on copyright infringements easier to win if someone copies your registered works.
While U.S. and international courts allow you to sue for infringement if someone copies your unregistered works, copyright registration with the Library of Congress (or the WIPO) raises the stakes against those who might attempt to steal your work. Statutory damages and the potential award of attorney fees are not allowed for unregistered works.
At Norred Law, PLLC, we help our copyright clients understand:
- How to protect your creative works: Sometimes a creative work can and should be protected in multiple ways. Architects and engineers, for example, may choose to seek both trademark and copyright protection for different aspects of a set of building designs.
- Where you need to protect your intellectual property: In our highly interconnected world, your creative works travel more freely than you do. They need to be protected in the U.S. and across the globe. The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) Copyright Treaty (WCT) is the vehicle for ensuring international copyright protection across about 100 countries. Despite the existence of this treaty, however, U.S. copyright and European copyright still contain differences (and the deviations can be even more significant in other countries). Dallas copyright lawyer Warren Norred can also assist you with international copyright registration.
- How to maximize the value of your creative work: Copyright licensing agreements and distribution agreements are two methods for expanding the reach of your work and maximizing your profit.
- From whom to protect your creative assets: Creative industries often hire artists, writers, composers, etc., as independent contractors for the creation of creative work. Properly drafted work-for-hire agreements ensure that your company owns the intellectual property created at your direction and on your dime.
Norred Law Protects Your Interests In Any Copyright Matter
Norred Law invites screenwriters, filmmakers, visual artists, musicians and music publishing companies to contact us with concerns about copyright infringement. We have pursued copyright litigation to protect every imaginable kind of creative work, including:
- Illegal duplication, performance and broadcast of your print and musical works.
- Illegal use of protected assets on social media sites. (We’ve also represented clients in cases involving charges of libel, slander and defamation resulting from activities that took place online.)
- Pirating of protecting material on file sharing networks (like BitTorrent)
Contact a Norred Law Copyright Law Attorney
Contact us via email.
Or call us at 817-704-3984 to schedule a consultation via Skype, over the phone or at our office.