Chapter 13 Bankruptcies protect houses and cars from creditors.
If you own a house or car, or if your income is too high to qualify for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, consider claiming the protections of Chapter 13. This type of bankruptcy may allow you to keep your house, your car and your belongings while developing an affordable repayment plan. After three to five years, most of your debts will be permanently erased.
Many people mistakenly believe Chapter 13 bankruptcies cost more upfront than those filed under Chapter 7. In fact, Chapter 13 bankruptcies are no more expensive at the outset. Any additional cost can be rolled into the repayment plan and transformed into affordable monthly payments.
Why Consider Chapter 13 Bankruptcy?
Chapter 13 offers various benefits for those trapped by debt:
- You can keep all of your property and belongings while in bankruptcy proceedings instead of turning them over to a trustee as you would under Chapter 7.
- You can potentially avoid losing your home and mount a foreclosure defense, even if a foreclosure has already been initiated.
- You can renegotiate your car loans to lower the interest rate and reduce the amount you owe to match the vehicle's current value.
- You may be able to stretch out tax debts and balloon payments into manageable monthly payments.
- Filing bankruptcy raises a shield between you and overzealous creditors. Once you file, they can no longer contact you and must cease all collection efforts.
- For those facing massive amounts of debt, Chapter 11 bankruptcy may be a more suitable option.
If you are buried in debt, we can help you determine whether Chapter 13 bankruptcy is right for you. We are a one-stop-shop for individuals seeking debt relief. Our central office, located in Arlington, Texas, is well situated for clients all over the DFW area.
Moreover, when you hire Norred Law PLLC, you can count on us to provide personalized and accessible service. You will be meeting and working with an attorney, not a paralegal or legal assistant. You will be treated as an individual with a name and a face, not as an impersonal number or case file.
Contact Our Debt Restructure Law Firm
To learn more about whether bankruptcy can help you reach financial freedom, consult with an Arlington, Texas, Chapter 13 bankruptcy lawyer today. Call Norred Law PLLC at 817-704-3984. You can also contact us online. We look forward to assisting you.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.